Do you hate it when GST return time rolls around? You’re in good company. For many business owners, the pain isn’t so much having to pay the tax but having to prepare and file a return.
But that pain is easy to avoid. Here’s how:
- If we complete your returns, of course everything will be done for you
- If you still file your returns manually – register for a myIR account. Inland Revenue process online returns faster than paper-based returns and you receive confirmation of filing instantly
- If you are GST registered and we don’t prepare your returns for you, you may need to check your bank account details. The easiest way to do this is via your myIR account
- If your accounting software allows you to file your return directly with Inland Revenue, your GST return is pre-populated, and you have instant confirmation you have filed your return
The section inside your myIR account called myGST lets you:
- Pay your GST when you file your return
- Set up email or text reminders
- Propose a GST instalment plan if you can’t pay in full by the due date
- Ask for amendments to previously filed returns
- Check statements, and breakdowns of transactions
- Upload files with your GST return.
Don’t let GST drag you or your business down. If you struggle with any part of it, or are unsure about anything, contact us.