UPDATE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT MEASURES
The transition into lockdown has been very quick and we’ve been working hard to keep our services up and running.
Here’s what we’re doing …
- Our office is closed under Level 4 (and 3) requirements.
- Our team are fully operational and working from home. Some of our team are now working with the children at home. This means they may not be working “normal” hours. Email may therefore be the best form of contact.
- You will still be able to email your normal contacts at Stem and you can call them on their direct dial – this has been diverted to everyone’s mobile numbers.
- Our office phone has been diverted. You will still be able to call the office and our fantastic Baylee will be able to help you.
- We will keep you informed as more information comes to hand regarding the business support measures from Government.
Here are the contact details for our team:
|Aaron Ralphfirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7380|
|Baylee Carmineemail@example.com||07 573 5569|
|Hayley McCreadyfirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7234|
|Johno McDonaldemail@example.com||07 929 7381|
|Leonie Hinakifirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7233|
|Lesley Dodunskiemail@example.com||07 929 7235|
|Martin Pipefirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7232|
|Nick Coleemail@example.com||07 929 7230|
|Nick Tomsettfirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7492|
|Nikki Baguleyemail@example.com||07 929 7238|
|Tracy Graingerfirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7239|
|Trudi Ballantyneemail@example.com||07 929 7231|
|Vicki Herdmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||07 929 7236|
Here is what we know so far about Government Support:
The Government has activated a number of business support measures to provide certainty to businesses and workers. These include the following:
WAGE SUBSIDY AUGUST 2021
- The Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS) allows eligible employers anywhere in the country to apply for the Wage Subsidy if they expect a loss of 40% of revenue as a result of the alert level increase announced on 17 August. More details of the eligibility criteria will be on the declaration that you’ll need to complete when you apply. Businesses will be eligible for $600 per week per full-time equivalent employee (20 hours or more per week) and $359 per week per part-time employee. The wage subsidy will be paid as a 2-week lump sum.
Applications open: 9am on Friday, 20 August for two weeks with the first payments usually available after 3 days.
How to apply: A link to the application form will available from 9am on Friday here Wage Subsidy Application Form
RESURGENCE SUPPORT PAYMENT
- A Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) is available if firms incur a loss of 30% of revenue over a 7 day period as a result of the alert level increase. Eligible businesses and organisations can apply to receive the lesser of:
- $1,500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent employee (FTE), up to a maximum of 50 FTEs, or
- 4 times (4x) the actual revenue decline experienced by the applicant.
Applications open: 8am on Wednesday, 24 August
How to apply: You can apply through your MyIR account or we can apply on your behalf. It is possible that the Government could decide to activate the RSP multiple times if there are multiple alert level increases from level 1. Businesses and organisations can apply for the RSP each time that it is activated as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
For more information on the Resurgence Support Payment click here Resurgence Support Payment
LEAVE SUPPORT PAYMENT
• The Leave Support Scheme (LSS) provides a 2-week lump sum payment of either $585 per week for full-time workers, or $350 per week for part-time workers, who must self-isolate and cannot work from home. More information is available here Leave Support Payment
NB: Employers cannot get the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021 and Leave Support Scheme simultaneously for the same employee, at the same time.
SHORT TERM ABSENCE PAYMENT
• The Short-term Absence Payment (STAP) provides a one-off (once per 30 days) $350 payment for workers who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home. This payment is also available to self-employed workers. Further information about this payment is available here Short Term Absence Payment
We will provide more information as it comes to hand.
If you need assistance with determining your eligibility for these support measures, please do not hesitate to contact us.
So what else is happening……
Baking!! Like the rest of New Zealand, we are all baking!
Martin is getting to grips with his new Air Fryer- perfecting the humble potato chip!
Nikki and Tracy have been making Seed Crackers.
So click on the above links and give these recipes a go!
Please stay safe and take care.
The Team at Stem Rural